With more than 20 years if experience in the field of air filter development, manufacturing and distribution, MWR holds the scepter for performance airfilters and is well known amongst drivers worldwide. This is backed up by the many “alliances” that MWR has secured – from World MX, Dakar (bikes, cars and trucks), Moto GP to WSB, BSB, AMA and even Rallycross. This success, of course, was ignited and instigated with one simple goal in mind: easy to fit, clean and sturdy air filters that will perfect your bike’s performance and place it in its own category of awesomeness. Moreover, MWR filters are bio friendly, as they are generally made out of biodegradable materials that do not harm the environment.
MWR filters are built on nearly 20 years of experience in the development and production of high performance jet filters. This experience has been gained through working with some of Europe’s largest jet companies in areas such as World MX, Dakar (bicycles, cars and trucks), Moto GP, WSB, BSB, AMA and even Rallycross.
In this period of 20 years, the search for the best materials and constant search for knowledge has led them to develop the MWR.
This development continues every year with MWR Filters that work with world champions, national champions, and factory teams around the world to promote the knowledge and skills needed to bring you the best air filtration and efficiency.
This development was not only about striving for complete engine performance, but also about having a filter that is easy to install, clean and care for. Their development has also focused on environmental care with a biodegradable filter oil specifically made for MWR.
There are 3 different types to choose from:
- Performance air filter, excellent performance and maximum protection. There is no copy of std. Caution: you should always clean and reheat the oil at least once a year with air filter & MWR. Replace the ECU or Fuel Control Module.
- High performance air brakes for road & racing bikes designed for reduced intake. The revolutionary high performance Air filter is designed to reduce input noise and generate even more power. This air filter design has shown a reduction in intake noises of up to 8db compared to other sports filters.
Unlike all other filters, all inlets will have the same amount of air as this high performance filter, regardless of motorcycle speed or wind directions. No different fuel matching is needed between the inner and outer or front & rear cylinders, which will be achieved by tuning each individual cylinder.
- Airfilter Full Race, developed on the track, NOT on dyno bikes but in fact on bikes with data loggers for ultimate performance due to new materials and design. The protection is at the same level as the filters above, only for a shorter time. Unlike any other sports filter, all inlets with this Full Race filter will have the same amount of air, regardless of motorcycle speed, wind direction or bloat.
No different fuel matching is needed between the inner and outer or front & rear cylinders, which will be achieved by tuning each individual cylinder. It makes the bike stronger but smoother, thus saving tires and fuel.
MWR air filters are made of top quality materials ( FR Foam , stainless steel and aluminium ). Unlike all other foam filters MWR air filters are made entirely from this special Fire Resistant (FR) foam.
MWR air filters are continuously developed and improved trackside with MWR supported teams around the world and are not just copies of the OEM filter, but in fact specific designs to enhance the performance in the best possible way for your bike and to also offer the best possible protection from dirt and dust for your engine. Due to MWR air filters being entirely constructed from foam and having no rubber mountings or mouldings.
MWR Air Filters are now being used by:
- Norton at the 2017 TT with Josh Brookes and David Johnson
- Won the 2016 WSBK Riders and Constructors Championship with Kawasaki and Jonny Rea
- 5 of the top 6 in BSB were using MWR in 2016
- Factory Yamaha BSB team with James Ellison and Michael Laverty & Yamaha British Supersport in 2017
- Hawk Racing Factory Suzuki with Sylvain Guintoli in 2017 BSB
- 2017 JG Speedfit Kawasaki with Leon Haslam, Luke Mossey and James Hillier on the Roads.
Of course, there is a vast majority of other racers who have used and keep on using MWR air filters not only in their intense and all-stakes racing but also in their everyday life. That is because they want to achieve maximum performance and comfort whilst at the same time maintaining the efficiency and prowess they always wanted. Continuously struggling to be the superior air filter brand, MWR is nonetheless keeping all other companies on their toes – and for good reason.