BMC air filters are some of the highest quality products available at the motorbike market. The company is no stranger to the field of filters, as it is one of the most renown brand in the motorcycle and automotive industries. Originally based in Bologna, Italy, the company has achieved global and international status with branches and distributors all over the world. BMC’s vision? Bringing knowledge and passion from the world of racing into the everyday vehicle, deriving the expertise of the Italian engineers directly from the streets and applying that practical insight to impeccable air flow filters made from the sturdiest materials. When driving a motorbike “wearing” a BMC filter, you know you are in good hands.
BMC was born thanks to the great passion for motorcycles of its founder Mr. Gaetano Bergami, as a distributing company for automotive products. The subsequent need to widen the offer to better satisfy client demands has lead BMC to develop a department dedicated to the design and production of components in advanced composite materials.
In order to grant to its customer and stakeholder high standards of excellence in all phases of the industrial process BMC achieved certifications EN 9100 : 2018 and ISO 9001 : 2015 for the design and manufacturing of air filters, air filtration systems for engine and components in composite material for aerospace, automotive, naval and industrial sector.
BMC started in 1973 from Italy and now has facilities all over the world (Germany, China, America etc.) It offers solutions for all types of cars, with state-of-the-art air filter technology for Racing and everyday use. BMC filters are the top reliable solution to improve car engine performance.
Born in 1973, in 1976 BMC developed its own first racing motorbike. The company entered the Formula 1 world in 1995 designing and supplying high performance air filters to several teams. The aftermarket replacement air filters line was launched in 1996 and three years later the company entered the OE sector becoming Tier1 supplier of the most important car and supercar manufacturers. In 2005 BMC started its long-lasting winning cooperation with Yamaha MotoGP.
Committed to a never-ending R&D activity aimed to develop advanced intake systems, innovative materials and new technologies for the main worldwide winning racing teams, BMC is proud to bring the best performing racing solutions into the whole line of motorbike products. Made with oiled cotton gauzes and designed to perfectly fit the original air-boxes, BMC filters combine performance optimization with guaranteed engine protection.
Their standard filters designed for an everyday use, they guarantee reliability and safety. Their race filters are designed for a combined highway and track use, making them the ideal choice for the riders seeking maximum performance from their bike. BMC direct intake conical filters can be installed on any bike by replacing the original airbox with the filter. The conical / cylindrical shape allows an easy-fitting procedure, providing custom motorbikes with a unique style.
The company’s history in bullet points
- 1987: Link International is founded by Chairman, Hiro Sakane. Link begins distribution of high quality spare parts and accessory brands such as RK Chains to the motorcycle market.
- 1993: Link sales steadily increase to new heights. As a result Link builds and relocates into new Brisbane warehouse facility located on the flourishing Brisbane-Gold Coast corridor.
- 1995: Due to Link International’s growing Australian and world-wide reputation as a quality Motorcycle Wholesaler, Link gains the sole Australian distribution rights to Motul oils.
- 1996: The Brisbane warehouse building is doubled in size due to strong sales growth.
- 1998: Link International diversifies and begins distribution into the automotive market with a range of Motul lubricants.
- 2000: Chika Sakane joins Link International to help with the growing business demands of the thriving company.
- 2000: Link International expands it’s operations to now include an Automotive division. Link Auto’s portfolio of high quality automotive brands include Motul Oils, BMC Air Filter and Nismo. To find out more information about the Link Automotive division click here.
- 2001: Awarded the Motul Oscar Award for No. 1 Distributor Performance in the Asia and Pacific Region.
- 2002: Link International builds a new 2200sqm warehouse facility in Brisbane to cater for the increasing range of products and sales growth.
- 2003: Total employment of Link International and its agents reaches 50 staff members.
- 2008: Due to unprecedented demand for Link International’s products, construction of the new Head Office Distribution Facility in Brisbane is completed. The new building has leading edge sales and distribution technology in a 8000sqm facility.
- 2009: Link International secures the exclusive Australian distribution rights for the Pirelli Motorcycle Tyre range.
- 2009: Total employment of Link International and its agents reaches 90 staff members.
- 2010: Link International expands its product range by securing the exclusive Australian distribution rights for Vortex Racing Products and Brembo.
- 2012: Link International secures the exclusive Australian distribution rights to Arrow Exhausts.
- 2013: Development of Link International’s own brand of off-road accessories called States MX.
- 2014: A new 3300m2 warehouse next door to Link International’s current building is purchased for future long term growth.
- 2015: Link International develops range of RK Sprockets.
- 2016: Link International secures the exclusive Australian distribution rights to Arisun ATV tyres.
- 2017: Link International launches in to the Apparel segment with Macna and Merlin.
- 2018: Link International secures the exclusive Australian distribution rights to Nitro Helmets.
To summarize, BMC air filters are top quality products that offer improved air flow and performance. BMC air filters are made from cotton to maintain air flow pressure and provide the best conditions for optimum engine power. A BMC performance air filter is an affordable and easy to install aftermarket part that can boost your acceleration and horsepower.